@44 LIFE IS NOT A POSSESSION; IT IS A LOAN
Forty-four years is not merely a measure of time; it is evidence of how much of life has already become memory.
Since gaining consciousness, I have often paused to examine the footprints behind me. I have watched men build empires from nothing, only to disappear into the nothing from which they came. I have watched titles outlive their owners and names survive their bearers.
I have learned that vanity is not the mirror; vanity is the illusion that time answers to ambition.
We chase permanence in a world designed for erosion. We gather applause that fades, build houses our bodies will one day abandon, and accumulate possessions we cannot carry beyond the grave.
Every empire becomes dust. Every voice, however powerful, eventually becomes silence. The earth does not care how grandly we walked upon it; it patiently waits to reclaim what it lent us.
At 44, I worry less about what I cannot keep and care more about what I can leave behind: wisdom, kindness, courage, and lives made better by my existence.
I no longer measure life by birthdays, but by consciousness; not by years added, but by illusions removed; not by how loudly the world knows my name, but by how quietly my existence has mattered.
Another year has passed. And othing extraordinary about that.
What is extraordinary is that life has loaned me another year and I am conscious enough to know that one day, the loan will be recalled.


Comments
Post a Comment